Gallatin Ham Radio Club Website
Before you click the REGISTER button below, please read all of the following instructions.
*Please include your phone number during registration.
- Although we accept walk-ins please save time and REGISTER today.
- Please arrive for your exam between 9 AM and 10 AM Mountain Time on the day of the test.
- NOTE: Permission to start a test after 10 AM will be at the discretion of Volunteer Examiners!
- The FCC requires that you register with either a SSN or FRN (FCC Registration Number). Click Here to obtain your FRN now.
Exam Location Information:
- Exams are held at the Search And Rescue Building at 219 East Tamarack Street Bozeman, MT.
- Please park on the West or North side of the building.
- Enter through the North door.
What to bring to the exam session:
- A WiFi connected laptop or tablet if you have one to take the test. We only have a limited number of tablets available.
- $14.00 cash or a check made payable to GHRC-VE.
- Your FRN or SSN.
- Two forms of ID. One ID must have a picture of you, for example, a Drivers License.
- If you are testing to upgrade a current ham license, bring a photocopy of your existing signed license or your original CSCE form plus a photocopy of the CSCE. Please note that the CSCE form is only valid for 365 days from the date issued.
- Optionally bring a calculator on which all programming has been erased. Calculators on cell phones, tablets, and laptops are not permitted.
- Bring the PIN that is generated when you REGISTER.
- Finally, if you have a question about an exam, then Click Here to contact us.