Hello there and welcome to this session! We are excited to get you licensed and/or upgraded! Please see the information about the session below. Do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or requests!
FCC Amateur Radio Licensing Registration
- Open to any person interested in taking a US FCC Amateur Radio Exam.
- All license classes (Technician, General, and Amateur Extra).
- This session is only for taking the amateur radio exams.
- You can be from any state or country.
- Multiple exams are available for the same fee. Please make sure you have studied well for all levels you test for. This is not a place to “try” taking the exam.
- Exam fees are WAIVED for minors (18 years and under), students with a current ID, first responders, Active Military, Veterans, and GLAARG VEs upgrading to Extra. Submit the Waiver Form if you qualify.
- After you register, you will get an email with a link for you to pay the $10.00 fee. You will additionally get your applicant PIN once you have registered.
- Please either pay or submit the form asking for your fees to be waived as soon as you are able to.
- Before the session, you will be emailed information on how to attend the session's Zoom meeting.
- We prefer you have a working, charged, laptop or desktop computer with sound and video. If you only have a tablet, please contact us.
- You may use a phone or tablet as a secondary device to show the room around you and to share your ID.
- You MUST have a stable internet connection, web camera, and sound. Able to access a modern web browser.
- Please become familiar with using the Zoom application menu and options. Make sure you have the latest version of the ZOOM APP working on your device and that you know how to set up your preferences, especially your screen name.
- Have a testing environment that helps you focus on taking your exam. It should be clear of study materials and clutter as well as not interrupted by people, pets, noise. Preferably a single room rather than the “center of the house”. Some great examples include a porch, bathroom, patio, spare bedroom, and other clean spaces. Be creative!
- If under the age of 13, please fill out the COPPA Parental Consent Form and email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.