In-Person Exam in Holtville, CA (Imperial County)
- This exam is being held in conjunction with Holtville Havoc, a high-power rocketry event, hosted by Tripoli San Diego. Anyone is welcome and you need not be a member of Tripoli, but you should expect fliers to launch rockets during the exam. Some can be quite loud. Despite the airport being closed, we do sometimes have active military aircraft who do use the airport for training. They may fly over or even land. Bring ear muffs or ear plugs, if you believe this may be an issue for you.
- Exam may be on paper or via electronic device (tablet or laptop) depending on data connection conditions.
- Walk-ups allowed, but pre-registration is preferred, You will be asked to register using the HamStudy website when you arrive.
- This exam is outside in the desert. We will have tables, chairs and canopies. Bring something to drink and a hat. Porta Potties on site.
Candidates please bring the following items:
- A government photo ID (driver's license, military ID or passport)
- Bring calculator and pencil/eraser.
- Smart cell phone, tablet or iPad which may be used to take the exam, if paper is not used. We must have stable data connections to use electronic devices. We may be able to provide tablets to be used for testing.
- Exam fees are waived for minors 18 years and under, students with a current ID, first responders, active military, veterans or GLAARG VEs upgrading to Extra. All others are $10 via credit card or cash on day of exam.
- All classes of exams offered in this order: Technician, General, Amateur Extra. Please make sure that you study for the correct exam. This session is for the exam only and not for the prep course.
- You take more than one exam per session. Please study for that element at least to the point where you score 80% or higher on practice tests. Retests offered at the discretion of the Volunteer Examiners.
- All exam communications will be sent to email used to register. Fee must be paid or form submitted requesting the waiving of fees immediately after registration. If you plan on paying in cash the day of exam, you may receive a reminder, but just reply that you will paying in-person.
- If you are under 13 years of age, you may not register for any exam session until your parent or guardian has filled out our COPPA Parental Consent Form and emailed it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a courtesy copy to email@example.com.
- You will need a FRN. If you don't have one already, you be able to get one during the registration process.
MUST BE READY TO PASS
When session becomes full, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly for additional availability in this session, be added to a waitlist.
Please immediately pay or submit form asking for your fees to be waived after registering. If paying by cash on the day of, please just reply to any reminder that you will be doing that.
Click to Pay $10 to GLAARG to pay by credit card via Payl Pal. Enter KM6ZQB as the session manager and 5640 as your session. You will get your pin once you have registered.
Click to Submit Waiver Form to have your fees waived, if you are a minor 18 years and under, a student with a current ID, a first responder, active military, a veteran, or a GLAARG VE upgrading to Extra.
Don't forget to register below.
Please check your spam/junk folder for our email messages and mark them "Not Spam".
All general and extra class licensees are welcome to join GLAARG as a Volunteer Examiner. Please sign up after your upgrade or vanity call has been posted to the ULS. GLAARG VE APPLICATION
Contact info: email@example.com