Hawaii Emergency Radio Operators (HERO) is sponsoring an Online/Remote exam session for the Lanai Fire Station personnel. For registration issues or questions, contact “RC” Anderson, Ph.D. - KH6B at cell: 808-224-3930, office: 808-800-4387 ext 1, or KH6B@mail.com
You can find out more information about Hawaii Emergency Radio Operators by visiting our website at www.HERO.Radio
Standard test requirements for each applicant are as follows:
- After completing this registration, you are required to send $12 via PayPal to email@example.com for the required Exam Session Fee. Your exam session registration will not be confirmed until this session fee has been paid.
- A government issued photo ID is required and will be verified by the Volunteer Examiners right before the exam session begins.
- If you have recently passed an exam and have not yet received your license, bring any CSCE credits that may apply.
- FRN number is required to register for the exam session. You may obtain your FRN number at the following website: https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/support/universal-licensing-system-uls-resources/getting-fcc-registration-number-frn
- You must have an active email address. The FCC will send an email to this address for you to pay the $35 license fee directly to them generally the following business day after the exam session. You will have 10 days to log into the FCC ULS system via the instructions in the email to pay the $35 fee. After this fee has been paid to the FCC they will process your license and you will receive a link to download the official copy of your license from the ULS system, generally within 24-48 hours of them receiving the payment.
- No caps, smart watches, ear buds, headsets, etc. may be worn during the exam session.
- If you want to use a calculator, you must be able to demonstrate to the Volunteer Examiners that the memory has been cleared out and that no formulas or settings remain within its memory. Such formulas and settings can be reprogrammed back into the calculator once we verify the memory has been cleared.
- The VE Team Session Manager will contact you prior to the exam session time to go over camera placement and the technical details of the online/remote exam session.
- During the exam session, no one will be permitted to enter the room where the exam is taking place, or speak to you during the exam.
- For exam integrity, the exam session will be video recorded. The video recording will begin after your ID has been verified so that your ID will not be shown on the recording.