Bonner County Ham Exam Session
• Time: Test-takers should arrive by 10:00 AM.
• Place: Sandpoint Library (Community Room A) 1407 Cedar St, Sandpoint, ID 83864
• A Photo ID is required to take the test.
• All Applicants must have an FCC issued FRN. If you have never registered with the FCC, you need to so at this link: https://apps.fcc.gov/cores/userLogin.do. This is the new Commission Registration System ("CORES") system that replaced the legacy CORES system on 7/15/2022.
• Exam Fee: No exam fee!
• FCC Application Fee: The FCC is charging an $35 application fee effective April 19, 2022, that applies to new licenses, renewals, and requests for a vanity call sign. The fee will be per application. Other updates, such as upgrades to an amateur radio licensee’s operator class or a change of name, mailing or email address, are exempt from fees. The fee must be paid directly to the FCC.
• FCC Application Fee Payment Process: New license applicants will pay the exam session fee (if any) to the VE team as usual, but pay the $35 application fee directly to the FCC using the FCC Universal Licensing System (ULS) Pay Fees system. When the FCC receives the examination information from the VEC, the FCC will email a link with payment instructions to each successful candidate who then will have 10 days from the date of the email to pay. After the fee is paid and the FCC has processed an application, examinees will receive a second email from the FCC with a link to their official license. That link will be good for 30 days. Licensees also will be able to view, download, and print official license copies by logging into their FCC ULS account. The FCC no longer provides printed licenses.